Saturday 23 July 2016

Project Happiness

While I was away in my own little island, I tried my best not to wander off too much from my usual routines. I didn't want my family to think there was anything wrong and I knew confining myself into my studio would bring up all sorts of questions that I wouldn't be able to answer. After all, taking a break from the world doesn't necessarily mean you have to cut yourself off from the ones you love. So I carried on with my life. Took care of the kids, did the chores, even let myself work every now and then.

Here is one of the projects that actually kept me happy...









As a little girl, I grew up adoring Pooh and his friends. I remember having all kinds of collectible items in my possession...dolls, books, figurines, clothes, bags...you name it, I probably got it! So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I was asked to work on this special commission. To recreate the whole gang in their original classic style, from scratch. All the long hours and hard labor really paid off when I finally got them all gathered up for their group shot. Now, don't they look cute? :)

I'm glad that I decided to keep my hands busy during my troubled period. It can be lonely up there in my head, and working on these guys brought back some wonderful childhood memories. I'm so thankful mine was a happy one.

Hugs,






7 comments:

  1. Your interpretation on "Winnie-the-Pooh" characters is remarkable! I suppose having this set of figurines will guarantee everyday adventures for kids (and parents), who love Pooh stories... Do you plan to make more of them?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rossi. I'm not sure if I'll be making more of these...but it's definitely tempting. :D

      Delete
  2. You are so talented Amalia. These are adorable, each one!
    I am glad that you have something like art to comfort you when you are down or going through feelings.

    Thank you for your thoughts on my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammie. I couldn't agree more... XO

      Delete
  3. homescapes cheats homescapes cheats .
    Click here for homescapes cheats

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥