Saturday 12 April 2014

Wishful Thinking

So the weekend is here again. Any exciting plans on the horizon? Work has been quite a heavy load this week, so I'm super excited to do pretty much nothing. Of course, that sounds like the perfect plan...that is, until I pop into the studio and end up getting my hands busy. I guess the best thing to do would be to lock my studio and ask my kids to hide it for safe keeping. :)

It's wise to get away from work once in a while, especially as an artist, where projects and commissions are basically on the top of the priority list. It's not easy to find time to actually create your own personal work. Which is bad, because your personal work helps you build a solid portfolio to help you find work in the first place.

Anyway, I eventually made time, and here are a couple of fruitful sessions in the studio... I've gone an extra mile and decided to splash some paints around!



The Great Escape, graphite and acrylics on paper.




The Giant Picnic, graphite and acrylics on paper.


Well it sure felt good to paint in this much details after such a long absence of painting at all. I must admit that I don't do enough of it because of the little time I have. Sometimes I wish I could clear away an entire week and just paint to my heart's content. :)

So tell me, what have you been up to?

Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Hello, Amalia! Your inspiration is unceasing and that is really impressing! All your characters are tender, fragile and dreamy in such a specific, charming way, no matter the creative tools you've used. I like the stories behind them! Write them down, at least some of them!
    Well, what about me - I've just ended up a theatre project and I'm slowly going back to my "normal" life.:0 ) You can read about it in my last post...XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rossi, you're so sweet. You know, I've thought about writing the stories behind my characters so many times, but words always seem to fail me. No idea why. I think I need a lot of time and focus to do that.

      Good to know you have been busy and creative as usual, my friend! XO

      Delete
  2. They are so beautiful. Love your work and style a lot.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beautiful girls look even more wonderful in their landscapes! :) I didn't think I'd have any chance to paint this week because it's the Easter break here but I've managed to finish one today so I'm pleased to have done that!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess. Glad you had time to paint! :)

      Delete
  4. hello dear Amalia,
    So glad you could find some time to do what you enjoy. It sure shows in your art, these are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammie. I wish I had more time to pour out what's in my head. :)

      Delete
  5. they're wonderful pieces. I wish I can just create like you. it takes me weeks to just create one piece.

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the expression of their eyes. They look so real. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your drawing style kak! It's cute yet artistic at the same time. Anyway, may I know where does your studio? I really want to learn from you if possible. thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your artwork is breathtaking! Love your drawing style :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amalia,
    Really intriguing and whimsical work - admired from afar and we implore you to keep going and sharing your creations!
    Thanks
    Bren

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥