Thursday 27 August 2015

Those Rare Moments

Dear friends, if you read my last post, you would know that I'm currently taking one step at a time to find my groove back into blogging. Six months is quite a long hiatus and to be honest, I'm feeling a bit rusty. But hey, you must be wondering what I have been up to all this time, right? Well, other than the usual chaos at home, work has been as unpredictable as the weather. Some days I was quite successful, some days I was not. There were times when I got the strength to finish what I started, and there were also plenty of times when I just quit and walked away. But I kept going, because it's the only way I know how to deal with this.

So anyway, here is a peek into some of the good days. Fortunately, I can't show you the bad days because I usually couldn't even be bothered to pick up the camera....









So there you have it. A little account of some rare moments when I truly felt content during the past six months I have been missing.  I really hope things will start to pick up for me from now on and I'm determined to work hard on it. At least the way I know how.

Til next time! :)

Hugs,


14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it is all so beautiful Amalia, I could just look over and over at them. Each picture and creation stirs up my imagination. I would love for my grandkids to get a hold of some of your books. I think you have accomplished far more than you realize. I do remember that when I was young, I longed to get my hands into my art work… but I could never seem to get to it. Now I am 54, and am just getting to it a little more consistently; I do still get distracted by the grandkids, the hubby and cooking… but I am determined to keep working towards it. Love the inspiration; Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. That's very kind of you. I think that it's never too late to pursue your dreams, and I admire you for embracing your passion. Distractions and all! :D

      So, here's to plenty more inspirations coming our way. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry about your bad days, but your good days were very good! Such beautiful work! I just covet one of those owl brooches, and the kitty brooch is adorable with a capital A! And all the drawings are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp-fest! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Oh so romantic and beautiful. And your little plushies! Oh my! Incredibly adorable. You make me want to pick up a needle and thread. Here's hoping that those rare moments become an everyday thing. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Bella. You should definitely start a sewing project... without a doubt, you will create something awesome in the end! :)

      Delete
  4. such lovely creations you have breathed life into! each piece is such a joy to see.
    so lovely to have you sharing with us. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammie. It feels so good to share again... I think I've got everything bottled up for so long, I'm afraid it would be hard to stop now! :D

      Delete
  5. You've done so much work! You've created such beautiful drawings and little creatures, Amalia! Your good days have made someone else's days brighter and happier!:) Just remember that if bad times come again...
    It's lovely to hear from you again!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Rossi, you're so good at making me feel better. Thank you so much. XO

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear that you have been feeling this way Amalia. Working as an Artist can be hard sometimes and we are our own toughest critic. All the work looks fabulous. I love the little owls, so cute. Hope September is filled with good days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Karen. You couldn't have put it better, sometimes we just expect too much of ourselves. I hope this month will bring you plenty of lovely days too. XO

      Delete
  7. I think as long as you're creating, even if unsuccessfully, that means you haven't fail & besides taking a break now and then is necessary to help us revive and even rest up. you always create such wonderful creations, I don't doubt you will continue to do so, love the gray kitty cat.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Lissa. I have the best blog friends in the whole world! :) XO

      Delete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥