Sunday 2 September 2012

Portraits of Halloween





Yes, you guessed right. These ladies are my Halloween portrait series that are now available in the shop. The bottom three are actually making a comeback from last year, seeing how eager they all seem, to be roaming inside The Wish Forest once again. :)

Well to be honest, I should really work on some more Halloween stuff, but this week I have been going through one of  those creative dead ends. It's like facing a blank wall and nothing is coming out no matter how hard I try. Don't you just hate it when that happens? Some people say that relaxation is the best medicine for this, but with three kids to handle 24 hours a day, relaxation is actually a very rare thing around here! I seriously think that someone should just invent some kind of magic potion to relieve the problem.  Now, wouldn't that be awesome? LOL.

How about you? Do you get these nasty dry spells too? What do you do when you're going through a creative rut? Do share! :)

Hugs,




15 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I'm having a bit of a dry spell myself. I am really having trouble with a project. I just can't seem to get what I want to come out this week... Maybe I am just tired ;) I'll probably just let the project sit for a day or two, maybe play around with something just for fun, then go back to it when I am feeling a little more creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear you're in a similar problem. It's always such a bummer when people like us have to be in one! I hope you get plenty of rest, Karen...can't wait to see your next piece! :)

      Delete
  2. I love those beautiful faces. I love the eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these Halloween prints! Halloween is my fave, and I actually am having the opposite... I am full of creativity lately! Too full, in fact that I just don't know what to do first! But I did have a rut for the past 2 months, so it was time I came back out! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know your creativity is at the top, Annie! Wow...2 months of creative rut? That couldn't have been fun!

      Delete
  4. These are lovely, so atmospheric and I love the frame! I've been busy with my exhibition but I do know what you mean about dry spells. When this happens to me I have time out from painting but still gather inspiration, like magazine cutouts and photos. I'm sure you'll back in the saddle before too long!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so excited about your exhibition! Thank you for stopping by, you must be so busy. I think I'll give your way a go...good thing there's pinterest now! LOL.

      Delete
  5. Hi Amalie,

    I've just discovered your blog after seeing a button on Theresa's Welcome To My World Blog. Your art is so lovely and I look forward to visiting often :-) Fall is my most creative time so my mind is brewing with autumn ideas, but usually when I'm up against a creative block I just try to start with something somewhat mindless and simple, something I've done before, and usually other ideas start to flow when I stop trying to so hard to find them, lol.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela. Thanks for taking time to visit, nice to have you here! Yes, I agree that less pressure usually helps. I think I'll go back to my table and make something just for fun. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, Amalia, I think noone could be always inspired, even if he lives in a "helmet" - without problems, cares, deadlines... Don't push things, don't be in a hurry The "blank wall" will disappear all of a sudden and then you'll realize that this quiet period has had its purpose.
    Your drawings are wonderful, they wear the special atmosphere of Halloween. I like SO MUCH this kind of girls - with big, dreamy eyes!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a hard time with just 1 kid.....can't imagine doing what you do wioth 3 to contend with. In my book, you are doing amazing things!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥