Friday 14 September 2012

A Little Detour Goes a Long Way

Hey there! Have you been busy? Well I sure have! Ever since my unwanted guest came to visit, I have been trying a lot of things to get my creativity mood back in shape. Making sketches, stalking art sites, watching movies (although usually only half way through), and even sorting out my portfolio cases which are now beautifully organized, by the way. Strangely enough, after all that I still found myself sitting in front of a blank paper with an idle hand. But then I took a detour...




...and I had an absolute blast! I've forgotten what it's like to create something just for the fun of it, without thinking too much, analyzing this and that only because I'm used to doing things in certain ways. Yes, now I know that I've been so terribly bored and desperate for a change of scene. After making these Halloween ornaments, I went on the next day and got a little carried away some more...



It just felt surprisingly good to create something very different. Now I can feel that creativity juice brewing and bubbling nicely inside, ready for the next challenge! Isn't it incredible how our mind and emotions could work harmoniously together when we really know the key? I have been pushing myself too hard in the wrong direction, forgetting that my imagination is not a machine that can simply reboot whenever I need it too. I may have used different templates and mediums for these little creations, but they still reflect myself in each of them. And that's what really matters. :)

See you soon!


Love,



***All of these Halloween goodies are now happily frolicking in my shop. :)


9 comments:

  1. I love these, Amalia!! : )))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Halloween season always makes me feel creative. :)

    - Sasha
    www.lacewinged.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sasha! I guess there is magic in Halloween. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm happy to hear you've banished your unwanted guest to the broom cupboard! ;) Lovely designs and so exciting to see!
    Jess x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so wonderful that you found your fun in art. each piece is wonderfully charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet Ama, as we are accostumed to appreciating your work!; ))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to all of it. Maybe it's time for me to make stuff just for the fun of it too. Thanks for the inspiration! Love your Halloween art :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥