Wednesday 9 May 2012

In a Day's Work

After dawn...


...came sunset...


...from dusk...


...all the way to midnight.


I woke up early as usual yesterday and was greeted by a goddess on my drawing table. She's actually part of a commissioned work I was working on last month, and somehow I just couldn't let her stay "bare" anymore. So, I decided to gradually work on her all throughout the day, stealing bits of time here and there, drawing and adding colors on. Remember when I said last time how I felt deprived of working on my personal work? Well, this sure made up for it, big time. I'm just so glad that a commissioned work could extend to a further satisfying and pleasurable moment. I guess next time the trick is to stay resourceful and creative, with a handful of hope and faith in my pocket. *wink* 

Anyway, Flower the Midnight Goddess is now available as fine art prints in my shop, and the original drawing is also there waiting for a future home. On the shop front, I have a couple of special promotions for everyone! Check them out right here.

Hope to see you soon...I really miss visiting everyone! :)

Hugs,






15 comments:

  1. She is sooooooooo beautiful! I especially love the ending. I am so glad you are trying to make it work for you. Balance is so elusive, isn't it? Take care. Tsup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! I'm wondering, do you digitally finally your artwork or do you redo them by hand? I can't quite tell. they're all wonderful.

    have a sweet spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful! And so creatively rendered, with the gradation of colors in the background and in the folds of her fabric. You're such a great artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amalia, your work is so beautiful and tender....dreamy and lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, as always, Amalia. Your work takes me away to a far off land of serenity. I must say, I am simply entranced by your pink bunny below..I love your beautiful ladies, but your animals have a timeless charm and softness that is simply awesome. Will you create a print of her? Big hugs to you for your lovely lovely visit..it means a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huminah huminah huminah..... Ohhhh boyyyyy, Amalia! I feel like I was just hit by lightning. She is absolutely GORGEOUS! Oooh, so very soft and feminine and beautiful. WOW, you blow me away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's simply wonderful, Amalia!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Amalia! Thanks for sharing the process with us too - really lovely!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, she is so lovely
    i loved seeing the steps you took to breathe life into this piece

    lovely weekend to you~

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh she is lovely Amalia. The one with the digital additions is very dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is absolutely stunning, Amalia! Such a wispy ethereal beauty to her. Hope you have a really lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always feel peaceful when I look at your work. So lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love how the photos catch the texture of the paper too. Wishing all of us enough time and energy to do things for the love of doing them!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥